Monday, March 22, 2010

Pottery Barn Inspired Number Pillows

My inspiration for today's project. I have been eyeing these pillow covers for a long time, knowing good and well that I could make these. Pottery Barn always has the cutest stuff, but priced well over what I am able or willing to pay. These pillow covers are "on sale" right now for $79.99 for all four. But that's just the covers there isn't any stuffing...just covers:o) Insane, I know. Here is my version, for FREE:
I used the left over fabric from the curtains for the bonus room. I wanted the pillows to be the same size as PB's, so I cut 8 squares at 19" each. I printed and cut out the numbers 1-4 using the "Elephant" font on my computer. The font size was 650. I traced the numbers on the fabric with a black sharpie, and filled in with black fabric paint. After the paint dried, I sewed the fronts to the backs, and filled the pillows with the stuffing of "dead" standard sized pillows. By "dead" I mean, pillows that have seen better days, and are no longer useful on a bed. I just snipped the ends, pulled out the poly-fil and "re-fluffed" it. S.R. even helped out. She loved pulling the poly-fil apart and stuffing it into the new pillows. Easy enough:o) I did not put the definitions on the back of the pillows like the P.B. covers. I really didn't want to get that detailed with it. These pillows are in the bonus room, a.k.a. the playroom:o) Catch my drift??
 I still have some accessorization that needs to be done, but I'm getting there:o) I will be posting more Pottery Barn inspired projects this week, so keep an eye of for those!

Participating in:

4 comments:

Deanna said... Best Blogger Tips

Love the idea of re-using the stuffing of pillows gone lumpy...I have several of those that definitely could not be slept on anymore!

Amanda @ Our Humble A{Bowe}d said... Best Blogger Tips

I love these pillows...both versions! Isn't the PB price insane?!? Great replica. Stopping by from CSI.

Laurie Downey said... Best Blogger Tips

super cute...you could use the freezer paper method for your images too!

Krista@RustikChic said... Best Blogger Tips

Yours turned out amazing! Good idea on using old pillow stuffing! They look great on your couch too.:)