Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Cherry Outfit

Here it is. Remember me telling you the other day that I visited a high end children's clothing store and found the CA-UTEST cherry outfit. Remember I said it was over $70? Well this is my version. It's not exactly the same, but it's close enough. I had a pattern that would have matched perfectly, but S.R. is 2 inches too tall for that pattern...my lil girl is growin' up:o( So I used another pattern I had on hand. I LOVE how it turned out.
Since the fabric is so thin, I made pants instead of capris. I think the ruffles are so sweet. 
 To make the cherries, I ironed on some stabilizer to red fabric, used a circle stencil, cut them out, and appliqued them onto the fabric. I used itty bitty ric rac for the stems.
When we were in the store, S.R. loved the bow on the front of the other shirt, so I had to make sure I put it on this one:o) I really wanted cherry buttons, but Walmart didn't have any, and I was too lazy to drive around town looking for some, so I used green buttons that I already had. Here's a close up of the medium ric rac.
While shopping at a consignment store the other day, I ran across this hairbow and had to purchase it.
Can we say perfect???
Speaking of hairbows, check out these sweet little things...
Are those not the cutest things??? Thank you Sheila!!! Now I have to make froggy outfits for S.R. That doesn't hurt my feelings one bit;o)

2 comments:

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

well done!! she is going to look adorable!

Deanna said... Best Blogger Tips

Very cute! I don't have the patience for detailed outfits anymore. Just simple skirts and tees we wear around here! :)