Saturday, November 26, 2011

Our Thanksgiving

I hope you all are having a great Thanksgiving weekend. We just got back from our trip to Fall Creek Falls with my family. We had a fantastic time! Here are a few pictures from our adventures.



 This particular waterfall is called Piney Falls. This was the first time that we had ventured out to this waterfall...and we took the kids with us...crazy, I know:o)
 Beautiful, isn't it?
 Here is the view from across the gorge.
A certain little man was trying to talk his daddy into letting him go down the water fall in a boat...but a soft boat because that would make it more safe:o)
 Here, his daddy(the hubs) is trying to explain how gravity and force work together when water is involved.
 Daddy isn't impressed with this 5 year old's logic...don't you love how his hands are behind his back? Such a little man:o)
 In this particular picture the 5 year old...E...says"Well, what about the fish?" The hubs' response,"The fish are smart enough to stay away from the edge."
 Here E is pouting because he can't take a soft boat over the edge of a 100 FOOT WATERFALL!!
 Just so pitiful, isn't it? Mean ole daddy:o)

 S.R...a.k.a. Little Miss Stinker Pants, is trying to sneak up to daddy to take a peak over the edge. I thought my brother and the hubs were going to have a heart attack..do you see the the stink in those eyes?:o)
 I love this picture. Two peas in a pod!
 I have the most awesomest family!!!
 Here is the treacherous terrain we climbed through..at times the kids were riding our backs through this forest.


Oh and here is Flower the duck..E named it...not sure what the gender of the duck is:o) But that doesn't matter when a 5 and 3 year old are involved. 
We had a great time this weekend. It was so nice to slow down and just be surrounded by family. I truly enjoyed my family this weekend, and realized yet again, what a blessed girl I am!
I hope you all enjoyed your blessings this weekend as much as I did.

1 comments:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Love your pics. The waterfalls are beautiful and I'm glad you got to relax a little!
Shannon