Tuesday, January 17, 2012

"Inspired" Printable Art


I was asked by a reader the other day how I decided which verses we wanted to memorize for our memory work. My response to her was that I jot down verses I hear during sermons that stick out to me. I have a little journal I take to church with me to write down notes from the sermons. If the verse strikes a chord, then I write down the entire verse.
1 Thessalonians 5:14-18 is a passage that I have been turning to regularly here lately, and I wanted to share it with you all as well.
This passage is taken from the New Living Translation:
14 Brothers and sisters, we urge you to warn those who are lazy. Encourage those who are timid. Take tender care of those who are weak. Be patient with everyone.
 15 See that no one pays back evil for evil, but always try to do good to each other and to all people.
 16 Always be joyful. 17 Never stop praying. 18 Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.

Last year, I made some Subway Art using the "Fruits of the Spirit". My little ole blog at the time got about 150 hits a day...the day I posted that subway art, I had over 1,000 hits. Doesn't that say something about the power of a few "inspired" words?
Today I am sharing another printable using the key words taken from the passage in 1 Thessalonians.
The words aren't exactly in the order they are in the verses, but the meaning is unchanged. I wanted them to be in the shape of a cross, hence the old switcheroo.

I changed the colors around as well, so hopefully you can find one that will match your decor. Just click on the words below the pictures, and download.
Enjoy!
                 
                   
                                GREEN                                        PINK
                        
                                   BLUE                                          RED


            
                                                          

   

                                        

0 comments: