Monday, November 19, 2012

Dining Room Table-Christmas Centerpiece

Good Monday to you all! The elves have been busy here in our home, and are ready for their naps:o)
It looks like the North Pole exploded in our house...AND I LOVE IT!
I am not ready to share all of our trees...yes there are multiples..possibly 8...so I am waiting until after Thanksgiving to let you guys in on the fun:o)
I know the suspense is killing you;o)
I thought I would share my center piece for the dining room table, just to hold you over.
I created it using items I already had. I love FREE:o)
The September or November(can't remember which) Southern Living magazine had a beautiful centerpiece for fall with pumpkins, fall flowers, and berries. They had an enormous trough that they put it all in, and I thought, I wish I had something like that...well I completely forgot that I did:o)
I got a VERY distressed plant container from one of my mother's friends back in the summer, and stuck it in the attic so the hubs wouldn't fuss at me for junkin' up the garage. Out of sight, out of mind, so I didn't remember having it until I started digging through the attic for Christmas stuff.
I was so very very excited. And even more excited that I had the stuff to fill it up.
Fancy and Free:o)
 It makes a huge statement, because it is huge:o) My favorite part is that it is contained. I don't have a bunch of little nick-knacks strewn across the table like I normally do. Clean, elegant, and bold.
So are you ready for the holidays? Do you have all of your decorations up, or are you patient, and wait until after Thanksgiving to get in the Christmas spirit?
I must be off...I have to go make little man's vest and bow tie for the wedding. Hopefully I will be able to show it off tomorrow. Have a great Monday y'all!

3 comments:

Sharon Dubose said... Best Blogger Tips

Absolutely beautiful centerpiece!
Here's an idea you might want to try for keeping track of all your "hidden treasures". How about taking pix of them to keep in an album (along with notes about where it's stashed :-D)...just a thought. -syd :-)

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

This just gave me an idea what to decorate for Christmas in our dinner table. I'd suggest this to my wife.

Regards
Prasad
Christmas table decorations

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

Wow, that was a neat Christmas table setting, simply perfect for this holiday. Thanks for the inspiration!