Monday, May 23, 2016

Bachelorette Weekend-Part 2

Y'all, there is nothing worse than going hungry on vacation.
It just ruins the whole experience. You can't focus on the fun because all you can think about is what you're not eating at any given time.
I had that happen, once. At Disney World. 
One Word:
HANGRY
It won't happen again...if I can help it. 
I can assure you that we didn't go hungry during my sister's bachelorette weekend getaway. 
If anything, we were full as ticks the whole time. 
Saturday morning, I prepared a big ole country breakfast so we could have plenty of fuel to tackle the day's activities.
I saw on Pinterest where people are serving Biscuit Bars at weddings, and I thought that was such a cute idea.
A super easy breakfast, that will fill anyone up.
Now, I am a gluten free girl, and it kind of hurt my feelings to know that I wouldn't be eating any biscuits. I love me a biscuit, especially with gravy.
Biscuit and gravy makes this country girl's heart sing...along with a side of grits.
Lip smackin' deliciousness. 
There are days when I crave a good biscuit, and will cave in and eat it,
but friends, I wasn't willing to deal with all of the issues I encounter after indulging.
So, I watched my sister and her friends eat the biscuits.
I felt like Captain Barbossa offering Miss Swan the apple. 
 :-)
Hopefully I didn't look this creepy offering them their food. HA!
 On the menu:
Buttermilk Biscuits
Assorted Jams
Bacon
Sausage
Country Ham
Smoked Gouda Cheese Grits (per request of the Bride)
Fruit
Orange Juice
Coffee
 
I think everyone's favorite dish was the Smoked Gouda Cheese Grits.
I will share the recipe in another post.
They were truly divine.
Once we were full, we went for pedicures.
That was an experience I won't soon forget.
I made sure to find a place that had excellent ratings. The place I picked had a 4.9 star rating out of 5, and there were hundreds of awesome reviews.
I thought we were set.
We must have gone on an off day...
One girl had her legs slapped numerous times with steaming hot towels wrapped around them. Imagine 6 girls all turning, leaning forward and looking to see what the commotion was all about..at the same time. It's not every day you hear somebody being slapped while getting their pedicure. My little guy told me hated me, then tried to flirt with me, and then didn't give me a massage. Booooo! Another girl sat in her chair for what seemed like days because her person was new, and was slower than molasses. She was the first to sit down and the last of the 7 to get up.
It was an adventure, and something to laugh about for years to come. 

We hit the outlet mall in Pigeon Forge, and later that evening, we went to the Dixie Stampede.
When it first started, the spoiled part of me thought, "this doesn't hold a candle to Disney."  Once the show started rolling, it turned out to be really fun.
My favorite part was when a man came out in a chicken suit dancing, and I laughed so hard I thought my food was going to hit reverse.
I had tears rolling out of my eyes.
It was truly a good time.

These girls made this weekend a blast!
I have one more post to share about this weekend. I'll share the welcome bags I made for the girls, and all the loot that was inside.
Stay Tuned!

0 comments: